This course goes deep into estate planning and wealth transfer so that you not only get CE credits for your state but you gain valuable knowledge.
In the state of North Carolina, you need 24 credit hours every 2 years. Once you complete this course, we'll send over your passing grade so you get the credit you need.
Access your courses, certificates, transcript here 365 days a year. Everything you need in one place so you can get back to what matters to you.
- 2.1 Implementing Components Properly
- 2.2 The Six Steps of Setting up an Estate Plan
- 2.3 Who Are the Prospects for Estate Planning?
- 2.4 Who Needs an Estate Plan?
- 2.5 Estate Planning: A Dynamic Process
- 2.6 Summary
- Chapter 2 Quiz
- 3.1 A Valid Will vs. Dying Intestate
- 3.2 What Is Probate?
- 3.3 What Does an Estate Look Like?
- 3.4 Summary
- Chapter 3 Quiz
- 4.1 Federal Estate Tax
- 4.2 State Inheritance Tax
- 4.3 Federal Tax Laws Regarding Gifts
- 4.4 Charitable Giving and Estate Planning
- 4.5 Estates Need Liquidity to Meet Costs & Taxes
- 4.6 Summary
- Chapter 4 Quiz
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Types of Trusts
- 5.3 What Trusts Can Do?
- 5.4 How Is A Trust Created?
- 5.5 Summary
- Chapter 5 Quiz
- 6.1 Why is Estate Planning Critical for Business Owners?
- 6.2 What Happens to the Business After Death?
- 6.3 The Buy-Sell Agreement
- 6.4 The “After Life” of the Family Corporation
- 6.5 Case Study A
- 6.6 Case Study B
- 6.7 S.303 Stock Redemption
- 6.8 Case Study C
- 6.9 Special Situation of the Professional Corporation
- 6.10 Summary
- Chapter 6 Quiz
- 7.1 Should an Agent Consider Estate Planning?
- 7.2 In Conclusion
- Final Exam