In the state of North Carolina, you need 24 credit hours every 2 years. Once you complete this course, we'll send over your passing grade so you get the credit you need.
This course goes deep into Social Security benefits so that you not only get CE credits for your state but you stay updated on Social Security ben.
Access your courses, certificates, transcript here 365 days a year. Everything you need in one place so you can get back to what matters to you.
- Affidavit of Personal Responsibility
- 1.1 Overview FREE PREVIEW
- 1.2 Purpose of the Course FREE PREVIEW
- 1.3 A Timeline of the Development of Social Security
- 1.4 Funding Social Security
- 1.5 Social Security Eligibility Requirements
- 1.6 Applying for Social Security Benefits
- 1.7 Calculating Social Security Benefits
- 1.8 How Much Income Does an Individual Need for Retirement?
- 1.9 How Social Security Benefits are Paid
- 1.10 Summary
- Chapter 1 Quiz FREE PREVIEW
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 What Factors into an Individual’s Decision to Claim Social Security?
- 2.3 Personal Financial Situation
- 2.4 Marital Status
- 2.5 Estimated Life Expectancy and Break-Even Age
- 2.6 Extended Employment
- 2.7 Risk Tolerance
- 2.8 What Clients Should Do Now to Prepare for Tomorrow
- 2.9 Revoking or Suspending a Claim
- 2.10 Summary
- Chapter 2 Quiz
- 3.1 Overview
- 3.2 Understanding Spousal Benefits
- 3.3 Spousal Benefits: Non-Working Spouses
- 3.4 Spousal Benefits: Dual-Income Spouses
- 3.5 Claiming Changes Due to the Bipartisan Budget Act
- 3.6 Strategies for Spouses Claiming Social Security Benefits
- 3.7 Filing the Income Gap When Delaying Social Security Benefits
- 3.8 Summary
- Chapter 3 Quiz
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Who Earns Survivors Benefits?
- 4.3 Calculating Survivors Benefits
- 4.4 Currently and Fully Insured Survivors Benefits
- 4.5 Maximizing Social Security Benefits for Surviving Spouses
- 4.6 Understanding the Mother's/Father's Benefits
- 4.7 Understanding the Child's Benefits
- 4.8 Understanding the Widower's Benefits
- 4.9 Applying for Social Security Survivors Benefits
- 4.10 Summary
- Chapter 4 Quiz
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Is My Social Security Benefit Taxable?
- 5.3 Strategies for Staying Grounded in the "Tax Torpedo"
- 5.4 Understanding the Government Pension Offset
- 5.5 Understanding the Windfall Elimination Provision
- 5.6 Summary
- Chapter 5 Quiz
- Final Exam